Friday, December 12, 2008

He wakes up sad again and wonders when the rain will end



Its been too long since I wrote something decent, I either ramble borderline coherently or coherently ramble about borderlines.
That didn't make sense because I didn't want it to (nor could I if I tried), my current and recent writing style reflects my mood and thought process, ...in shambles.

I don't know if its a -good- 'in shambles', but it's definitely different. A different thought process...almost...

Well the holidays are almost here, but for once in my life I don't think there's anything I really 'want'. There's some basic stuff I 'need', socks, pants, new shoes, and other miscellaneous things. But nothing like my past urges, no super sweet Halo Xbox pack, no special album, no PS3, in other words my little red bike or BB gun are not under my tree this year. Does that mean this year is going to be a dud? No I don't think so, My mom is really excited about buying people things including things for me and my brother. Although there things I don't necessarily -want-, I'm still grateful and I'm sure I'll use them. Did I lose my boyish joy? That feeling of happiness and excitement when you get what you begged your parents for? I am old enough to lose it, but is it ok to lose it? Is this a good thing? Is growing up and getting older code for realizing life is dull and dead? I hope your not as cynical as I have been, thanks for reading.


Writers note:
Ive been kinda busy lately so I haven't had time to express a noteworthy blog but after the Holidays I'm sure I'll get back on track.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have just become more humble over the years, thats all. as a child, there is no such thing as humility.

Jay Riot Music said...

I don't know if its that, I mean I get a huge joy out of buying friends and family gifts, maybe as you get older the excitement doesn't leave. It just transitions from receiving gifts to giving gifts. Like I said there's not much I want, but there's a lot I want to give people.