Friday, December 19, 2008

The Bane Of Perception (Pt. 1)



Twilight is a highly successful Gothic-romance series that has recently been made into a movie, so this can only mean one thing.

...I have something to say about it of course!

You don't think I let this shit slide do you?
I didn't think so...


So moving on,
I have three main things I want to cover in this little post of mine,

1.How much I believe perception and perspective has to do with affection, understanding, and impressions. Their 'link' and how they affect each other.

2.The Rise and Fall of modern humanities 'fads'.

3.Similarities.

Lets get started on the first post,
One of the main protagonists in the story is Edward Cullen, he is a vampire but more importantly, pale, and girls love him.
This is good news for your humbler writer, for reasons I shouldn't even need to address but for any strangers reading my blog let me explain as clearly and detailed as I can.

...I'm pale.

ok, I think that suffices as a good explanation. Now that everyone's on the same page, lets continue.

So this blog entry's purpose is to pick apart the main reason why 'I' believe girls love him, and (like most of my blogs) has a deeper meaning than just that subject.

I think girls will become affectionate for any guy regardless of looks if presented a certain way, a 'romantic' way in most cases.
For example, there's nothing remarkable about the actor Robert Pattinson's looks.

I mean just look at the guy...
Photobucket

Pretty smokin' right? Yea I didn't think so, I'm not gay but I think I know when a guy is average or ugly as all hell.

Hes not freakish but I don't believe hes insanely handsome either, otherwise why weren't fan girls going nuts over him when he was in Harry Potter? Because he wasn't shown in a romantic hero-like light like he was in Twilight.

I showed you the worst of someone, here's their best...
Photobucket


Match that face/makeup with his constant saving-of-girls and depression/problems (girls dig dudes with issues) and you got yourself a 'chick-magnetic'.

You'd be amazed how a single perspective can make someone change.
Case-in-Point, most anyone can be 'beautiful' if given the chance. So don't assume things too early and please keep an open mind.


0 comments: